The International 10 Dota 2 tournament: the most anticipated event in the world of esports
Esports fans, and especially of Dota2 game, are eagerly awaiting The International 10. This is one of the largest events that will take place in Bucharest in the fall of 2021 - from October 7 to 17.
18 teams from different countries will clash in the virtual arena during the "World Championship". The teams will try their luck and compete for the title of champions and a record-sized prize pool. And some viewers will bet on Dota 2 during the championship and earn from it, enjoying the game of their favorite team.
This tournament for Dota 2 players is organized by Valve. This year, participants will have the opportunity to fight for the money raised for The International, which was canceled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to its representatives. The prize fund will be $ 40,018,195.
The International 10 Participants
Over all ten days, 18 teams will participate in The International 10. 12 of them passed the Dota Pro Circuit rating season, gaining the most DPC points in two rounds of rating leagues and majors. They will compete in the main stage of the championship:
- Team Secret;
- Quincy Crew;
- Invictus Gaming;
- Thunder Predator;
- Team Secret;
- Evil Geniuses;
- Vici Gaming.
The remaining 6 teams were selected based on the results of regional qualifications in the CIS, Europe, China, Southeast Asia, North America and South America:
- Team Spirit;
- SG e-sports.
Features of the tournament
The International 10 in Dota 2 is held in two stages - group and playoffs.
The first part of the tournament will be played in the following sequence:
- Participants will be randomly divided into two groups of 9 teams.
- Each of the matches will be played in a best-of-2 format.
- All teams that take 1-4 places will advance to the upper bracket of the playoffs.
- The bottom bracket for the playoffs is formed by teams that will take 5th to 8th places.
- The teams that will be in the last place in the standings according to the results of the group stage will be removed from the competition.
After all teams have played with rivals in the first stage of the tournament, the playoffs will begin. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that the matches will be played in several formats:
- in the best-of-1 format, the first round matches will be held among the participants who, according to the results of the group stage, ended up in the lower bracket;
- the best-of-5 format was chosen by the organizers for the grand final;
- all other competitions will be held in the best-of-3 format.
Valve made sure that not only the tournament participants could watch the events that will unfold in the virtual arena. Now every Dota 2 fan has the opportunity to keep abreast of what is happening all 10 days - all matches will be broadcast on the official Twitch channel, the Valve SteamTV streamer platform, as well as on the Dota 2 developer's channel.
The International 10 promises to be a massive event that will tickle your nerves for all ten days.