Latest news from the CS GO world
New matches, formation of teams to participate in international tournaments, adding cards to the game – you can read about this and much more in this article.
Completing Operation "Predatory waters" and changing the card pool
The other day, Valve studio announced the completion of Operation “Predatory Waters” and that awards for participation in this event will be given to players until March 27. Despite this, gamers will be able to continue using the modes presented in Operation Riptide.
Immediately after the end of the operation on February 22 , 2022 , a patch was presented with the following updates:
- Ravine, Extraction, Basalt, as well as County and Insertion II have been removed from the mappuls;
- matchmaking modes such as Deathmatch, Casual and Competitive have been supplemented with two maps - Climb and Iris;
- In Wingman mode, two new maps are now available to players – Crete and Hive;
- In Danger Zone mode, you will be able to select Ember and Vineyard cards.
It is worth noting that earlier the developer released a patch for a competitive shooter in this game, which made the controller control more convenient. It is available on the official CS:GO website.
How are events developing at the IEM Katowice 2022 tournament?
From February 15 to 27, one of the largest CS:GO tournaments takes place in Katowice – IEM Katowice 2022. As part of it, the teams will raffle 1 million dollars.
In the final match of the group, the Natus Vincere team managed to defeat FaZe Clan with a score of 2:1. Thanks to this, the team will begin to fight in the playoffs already in the semifinals, where it will meet with the G2 Esports team. It is with the winner of this pair that the match at NAVI will take place.
At the same time , among the members of group A , the Heroic team bypassed Virtus.pro with a score of 2:0. Therefore, now the team of Jami Jame Ali will play in the playoffs from the quarterfinals, while Heroic is already in the semifinals of IEM Katowice 2022. There was also a parallel match in Group A between Ninjas in Pyjamas and Gambit Esports players.
Thus, in the framework of the playoffs of the IEM Season XVI: Katowice tournament, which will be held on February 25-27, they will meet:
- FaZe Clan;
- Gambit Esports;
- G2 Esports;
- Natus Vincere;
These teams will compete not only for a cash prize, but also rating points in the Pro Tour, as well as BLAST Premier.
The first details about ESL Pro League Season 15 by CS GO are known
From March 9 to April 10, a series of matches will be held in Germany as part of the ESL Pro League Season 15 CSGO tournament. To date, the organizers have announced the following details about the competition:
- the prize fund will be $ 823,000;
- the winner will receive a place in the BLAST Premier World Final 2022;
- all participants - 24 teams - are divided into four groups – they will play in a round-robin scheme with matches up to two wins;
- The winners will advance to the playoffs, and the 2nd and 2nd place teams will compete in the Ro12;
- there will be three matches during each game day;
- Natus Vincere and AGO, Gambit Esports and Party Astronauts will be the first to meet at the tournament, Virtus.pro and FURIA Esports, Entropiq and MOUZ.
In addition, it is already known that ESL Pro League Season 16 will be held from June 15 to October 2, and the 17th season of the tournament will be held in 2023.
The women's CS:GO league is open
ESL Impact - Women's CSGO League, the prize fund of which will be $ 500,000, will be held in two seasons with LAN finals. The organizer also plans to hold other tournaments.
24 teams from Europe, South and North America will compete in this league. Each continent will be represented by eight teams – two of them will receive invitations, and the rest will have to compete in the qualifications, which will start on March 8.
For the competition, the teams will be divided into two groups of four teams. The winners of these meetings will become participants of the DreamHack Dallas 2022 offline tournament, which will take place on June 3-5.
All CS:GO tournaments and matches will be held as part of GGForAll– a new initiative aimed at combating discrimination in e-sports.
Bet on CSGO matches and win together with your favourite team!